When to Contact the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) National Provider Identifier (NPI) Enumerator
PECOS users should contact the CMS National Provider Identifier (NPI) Enumerator to report the following:
- Problems accessing Internet-based PECOS. For example, forgotten PECOS User ID/password or unable to access Internet-based PECOS with valid PECOS User ID or password
- Questions about navigating through the Internet-based PECOS screens
- Poor system performance. For example, the system is operating too slowly, error messages are displayed that are not Internet-based PECOS prompts, the user is timed out of Internet-based PECOS too soon or other situations in which Internet-based PECOS does not seem to be performing properly.
The CMS NPI Enumerator can be reached by phone at 1-800-465-3203 or by email at email@example.com.
When to Contact the Medicare Provider Enrollment Contractors
Internet-based PECOS users should contact the appropriate Medicare provider enrollment contractor for questions about:
- Provider and supplier enrollment eligibility
- Provider and supplier enrollment requirements
- Provider and supplier enrollment policy
Contact information for the provider enrollment contractors is available from the Medicare provider enrollment Web page.