Provider Enrollment

Please Select a Topic:

Latest Articles


Can My Billing Agency or Clearinghouse Update My Provider Enrollment Record with Railroad Medicare? 01/21/2016
Can My Billing Agency or Clearinghouse Request My PTAN from Railroad Medicare? 12/01/2015
Contacts for PTANs and EDI: Questions and Answers 12/01/2015
Do I need to notify Railroad Medicare that a provider's address has changed? I have already notified our local Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC). 12/01/2015
Do I need to notify Railroad Medicare that a provider has left our group? 12/01/2015
Do I need to notify Railroad Medicare that a provider has retired? 12/01/2015
Do you have my NPI Number? 12/01/2015
How do I report a provider address change? 12/01/2015
How do I update my provider information on an existing Railroad Medicare provider number? 12/01/2015
How long does it take Railroad Medicare to issue a PTAN? 12/01/2015
If a forwarding address notification is submitted to the post office when a provider changes site location, will Medicare remittance advices and/or check payments be forwarded to the new address? 12/01/2015
My paper claim was returned with a letter because I submitted a PTAN on the claim. Why wasn't my claim processed? 12/01/2015
What does Railroad Medicare need when I call to find out my PTAN? 12/01/2015
What information do I need to include when I send a written inquiry to Provider Enrollment? 12/01/2015
What information is verified on my local Medicare Administrative Contractor's (MAC's) Part B file? 12/01/2015
What is the provider's enrollment effective date with Railroad Medicare? 12/01/2015
Why do I need a separate Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN) for Railroad Medicare? 12/01/2015
Provider Enrollment Requirements for Writing Prescriptions for Medicare Part D Drugs Open in New Window10/22/2015
Six Easy Steps to Start Billing Railroad Medicare 09/29/2015
Opting out of Medicare and/or Electing to Order and Certify Items and Services to Medicare Beneficiaries Open in New Window09/14/2015
Changes to the Medicare Opt-Out Law for Physicians and Practitioners 06/18/2015
Provider Enrollment Information and Form 01/29/2015

Contact Railroad Medicare

Email Railroad Medicare

Contact a specific Railroad Medicare department

Provider Contact Center: 888-355-9165

IVR: 877-288-7600

TTY: 877-715-6397

Other Palmetto GBA Sites

Palmetto GBA Home

DMEPOS Competitive Bid Program

JM Part A

JM Part B

JM Home Health & Hospice


Railroad Medicare Providers

Railroad Medicare Beneficiaries

National Supplier Clearinghouse