The Quarterly Provider Update is a comprehensive resource published by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on the first business day of each quarter. It is a listing of all non-regulatory changes to Medicare including program memoranda, manual changes and any other instructions that could affect providers. Regulations and instructions published in the previous quarter are also included in the update. The purpose of the Quarterly Provider Update is to:
To receive notification when regulations and program instructions are added throughout the quarter, sign up for the Quarterly Provider Update listserv (electronic mailing list).
- Inform providers about new developments in the Medicare program
- Assist providers in understanding CMS programs and complying with Medicare regulations and instructions
- Ensure that providers have time to react and prepare for new requirements
- Announce new or changing Medicare requirements on a predictable schedule
- Communicate the specific days that CMS business will be published in the 'Federal Register'
We encourage you to bookmark the Quarterly Provider Update website and visit it often for this valuable information.
last updated on 03/29/2013