I Have Determined I Have Been Overpaid

Type of Overpayment Disclosure
Brief Description

A voluntary refund should be returned to Medicare anytime an overpayment has been identified by the provider.

  • Voluntary refunds can be MSP or non-MSP related
  • Payment by check or through eServices is required to be submitted along with the appropriate form
  • The payment will be applied to the identified overpayments. If there are excess funds, they will be applied to other eligible outstanding overpayments.

A Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) overpayment can occur when Medicare has processed and paid a claim as the primary payer, but should have paid as secondary.

  • In order to report an MSP overpayment to Medicare without submitting a payment, the MSP Inquiry Form must be submitted along with the primary insurer EOBs
  • If you are submitting a payment along with the disclosed overpayment, the appropriate MSP Voluntary Refund form must be submitted along with the primary insurer EOBs

Contact Palmetto GBA JM Part HHH Medicare

Email HHH

Contact a specific JM HHH department

Provider Contact Center: 855-696-0705

TDD: 866-830-3188

Other Palmetto GBA Sites

Palmetto GBA Home

DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program

Jurisdiction J Part A MAC

Jurisdiction J Part B MAC

Jurisdiction M Part A MAC

Jurisdiction M Part B MAC

Jurisdiction M Home Health and Hospice MAC


National Supplier Clearinghouse MAC


RRB Specialty MAC Providers

RRB Specialty MAC Beneficiaries



Click to Chat Now