I Have Determined I Have Been Overpaid

Type of Overpayment Disclosure
Brief Description
A voluntary refund should be returned to Medicare anytime an overpayment has been identified by the provider.
  • Voluntary Refunds can be MSP or non-MSP related
  • Payment by check or through eServices is required to be submitted along with the appropriate form
  • The payment will be applied to the identified overpayments. If there are excess funds, they will be applied to other eligible outstanding overpayments.
A Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) overpayment can occur when Medicare has processed and paid a claim as the primary payer, but should have paid as secondary.
  • In order to report an MSP overpayment to Medicare without submitting a payment, the MSP Inquiry Form must be submitted along with the primary insurer EOBs
  • If you are submitting a payment along with the disclosed overpayment, the appropriate MSP Voluntary Refund form must be submitted along with the primary insurer EOBs

Contact Palmetto GBA JM Part A Medicare

Provider Contact Center: 855-696-0705

Email Part A

Contact a specific JM Part A department

Other Palmetto GBA Sites

Palmetto GBA Home

DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program

Jurisdiction J Part A MAC

Jurisdiction J Part B MAC

Jurisdiction M Part A MAC

Jurisdiction M Part B MAC

Jurisdiction M Home Health and Hospice MAC


National Supplier Clearinghouse MAC


RRB Specialty MAC Providers

RRB Specialty MAC Beneficiaries



Click to Chat Now