- Facilities and Organizations
- Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs)
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Long Term Care Hospitals (LTCHs)
- Organ Procurement Organizations
- Religious Non-Medical Health Care Institution
- Renal Dialysis Facilities (RDFs)
- Rural Health Clinics (RHCs)
- Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs)
COVID-19: RHC and FQHC Lump Sum Payments
Rural Health Clinics (RHCs) and Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) may request lump sum payments for administering COVID-19 vaccines in advance of cost report settlement. CMS will pay you for COVID-19 vaccines and administration at 100 percent reasonable cost like influenza and pneumonia vaccines.
CMS direction to Palmetto GBA is to, upon request from the provider, calculate a lump sum based on either:
- Data from the RHC’s or FQHC’s most recently submitted cost report, specifically, flu and pneumococcal vaccine costs; or
- 60–90 days of actual COVID-19 vaccine and administration data, including, but not limited to: invoices for vaccines, payroll data for the staff providing the administration of the vaccines, and billing rosters that include all vaccines given and the payor for each vaccine given
The request for the lump sum can be submitted to: JJIRR@palmettogba.com. The request should indicate the basis requested, as noted above, and documentation if requesting actual COVID-19 vaccine and administration cost reimbursement. Lump sums should be processed within 30 days of receipt.
If you have questions about this lump sum payment, please contact Medicare Reimbursement at JJIRR@palmettogba.com.