What shall I do if I don't have an enrollment record in Medicare?
You need to submit either an electronic application through the use of internet-based PECOS, or a paper enrollment application to Medicare.
- For paper applications: fill it out, sign and date it, and mail it along with any required supporting paper documentation to your designated Medicare enrollment contractor
- For electronic applications: complete the online submittal process and either e-sign or mail a printed, signed and dated Certification Statement and digitally submit any required supporting paper documentation to your designated Medicare enrollment contractor
- In either case, the designated enrollment contractor cannot begin working on your application until it has received the signed and dated Certification Statement
- If you will be using Internet-based PECOS, please go to Internet-based PECOS and on the left-hand side, read the information that has been posted there. Download and read the documents in the Downloads Section on that page that relate to physicians and nonphysician practitioners. A link to Internet-based PECOS is included on that web page.
- If you order or refer items or services for Medicare beneficiaries and you do not have a Medicare enrollment record, you need to submit an enrollment application to Medicare. You can do this using Internet-based PECOS or by completing the paper enrollment application (CMS-855O)