- Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Anesthesia and Pain Management
- Drugs and Biologicals
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Home Health and Hospice
- Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility (IDTF)
- Nonphysician Practitioners
- Oncology and Hematology
- Opioid Treatment Program (OTP)
- Optometry and Ophthalmology
- Psychology and Psychiatry
Land Ambulance: No Transport and Non-Covered Transports
Do not file a claim for non-covered services or no transport services unless the patient insists.
- If the patient insists that a claim be filed when no transport occurred, submit HCPCS code A0999 with HCPCS modifier GY
- Origin and destination modifiers are not required
If a non-covered transport has occurred, submit appropriate service and mileage provided.
- Origin and destination modifiers are required in the first modifier position. Submit HCPCS modifier GY in the second modifier position (e.g., HCPCS code/modifiers: A0426HHGY, A0425HHGY).
- Examples of non-covered trips include: a transport is made based on the family's request, doctor requests patient be taken to a more convenient facility, or the patient is at a facility capable of furnishing the necessary care but wants to go to a facility closer to his family or home. These trips are not covered by Medicare.