- Medical Policies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Informal Meetings or New LCD Requests
- LCD Development Meetings
- LCD Reconsideration Process
- LCDs, NCDs, Coverage Articles
- Proposed LCD Status Report
Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Contractor Advisory Committee (CAC) March 23, 2021, Meeting: Transcript and Recording
Palmetto GBA hosted a Contractor Advisory Committee (CAC) Meeting via teleconference on March 23, 2021, from 5–7 p.m. ET. Discussions focused on Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) assigns Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) the task of developing Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs). The purpose of the CAC meeting is to provide a formal mechanism for healthcare professionals to be informed of the evidence used in developing the LCD and promote communications between the MAC and the healthcare community.
On March 23, the CAC panel was asked to discuss the clinical literature related to Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy and rate their confidence in a series of key questions. Discussions occurred between CAC panelists and Contractor Medical Directors. While this was a public meeting, questions from the public were not entertained.
Interested stakeholders were invited to listen via teleconference. Registration was available at https://cvent.me/K0EWnz. Lines remained muted throughout the conference except for the invited CAC panelists and the MAC hosts.
- March 23, 2021, CAC Meeting - Key Questions with Ratings (PDF, 213 KB)
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy CAC Meeting Agenda (PDF, 128 KB)
- March 23, 2021, CAC Meeting Key Questions (PDF, 173 KB)
Meeting Audio and Video