DEX™ Diagnostics Exchange Public User Registration
Registering a User
A public user can be granted read-only access to the DEX™ Diagnostics Exchange catalog, in order to view and search for esoteric tests and the laboratories that register those tests.
To Register as a Public User
1. From the DEX Login page, click Register a Public User
2. Enter the email address, which will be the login username. Also enter the first name, last name, company/organization, and job title. All fields are required except for the job title.
3. Click Register
A welcome message is sent to the email address. This message includes further instructions for setting up a DEX account.
Note: The access link in the welcome message is available for only 30 days after receiving this email.
Activating a User Account
When users complete the registration window to become a DEX™ Diagnostics Exchange public user, they receive a welcome message with instructions on how to activate the registration process.
1. Click the link in the welcome message. The "Activate Account" window appears.
2. Type a password in the Password field. Enter a unique password that follows these rules:
- Is between 8–20 alphanumeric characters long
- Contains at least one lowercase letter
- Contains at least one uppercase letter
- Contains at least one number
3. Type the password again in the "Verify Password" field.
4. Click the Activate button.
5. The following message appears:
"Your account has been activated! You may now login to DEX."
If an error message appears, fix the error indicated in the message and then click the Activate button once again.
Note: If public users do not complete the activation process, they will be purged from the database 30 days after completing the Registration page.