NSC Operations Information
The National Supplier Clearinghouse (NSC) has three teams of Provider Enrollment Analysts who process applications and answer inquiries which are received by our Customer Service Line's toll free number. Examples of the type of research and analysis our analysts perform include:
- Ordering site visits and reviewing the results
- Contacting various governmental agencies to verify information included in the application
- Checking the application for complete and accurate information, working with suppliers if any required information is missing
- And much more
Our analysts put a lot of work into processing each application. The entire process is a team effort between the supplier and the analyst working on the supplier file. Having the application complete, and all attachments included and responding quickly to any requests for additional information, assists to ensure as speedy a process as possible.
When the NSC communicates with the supplier, the analyst will give his/her name and phone number so the supplier will be able to know who is working on the file and will be able to contact that analyst directly, if needed.
If you have any questions about the Supplier Standards, what is expected of a supplier to obtain and retain their supplier number, the application process and/or form, what to attach, etc., please call our Customer Service Line at 866-238-9652. Making good use of the resources available will help to ensure your application packet is accurate and complete.
Each NSC team has specific states and territories with which it works.
- West Team serves Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Northern Mariana, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
- Central Team serves Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
- East Team serves Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, Washington DC and the Virgin Islands.