CMS Announces Regulatory Changes in Change Request 6310
On March 13, 2009, CMS released Change Request 6310 announcing the incorporation of regulatory changes.
Changes include, but are not limited to:
(1) rejections and denials of certain physician and non-physician practitioner CMS-855 applications
(2) effective dates of CMS-855 applications submitted by physicians and certain non-physician practitioners
(3) timeframes for reporting CMS-855 changes of information
(4) licensure and educational requirements for certain types of non-physician practitioners
(5) revocation effective dates
Within this CR, DMEPOS suppliers are advised per, 42 CFR §424.535(g), that a revocation based on a Federal exclusion or debarment, felony conviction, license suspension or revocation or a determination that the provider or supplier is no longer operational, is effective with the date of the exclusion, debarment, felony conviction, license suspension or revocation, or the date that CMS or the contractor determined that the provider or supplier is no longer operational.
View the MLN Matters Article (PDF, 79 KB) in its entirety.
Last Updated: 03/31/2009