Please Note: There is no Medicare information on our corporate website. Please select a specific contract in the 'Search Within' box for Medicare related information.
© 2020 Palmetto GBA, LLC
We frequently update our articles to reflect the latest changes and updates to Medicare, and strongly recommend you visit this article at link below to confirm you have the latest version.
Printed Date: 9/22/2015
Hospital Price Transparency: Requirements Effective January 1
MLN Connects® for Thursday, October 1, 2020
View this edition as a: Webpage | PDF
This edition includes a new section, Information for Your Medicare Patients, which mirrors information your patients get from Medicare. We’ll include occasional messages to help you answer questions from your patients.
* Hospital Price Transparency: Requirements Effective January 1
* IRF Provider Preview Reports: Review Your Data by October 26
* LTCH Provider Preview Reports: Review Your Data by October 26
* Therapeutic Injections and Infusions: Comparative Billing Report
* SNF Healthcare-Associated Infections Confidential Dry Run Report
* COVID-19: Optimizing Health Care PPE and Supplies
* Hospice Quality Reporting Program News
* October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
MLN Matters® Articles
* Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) and Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) PPS Changes
* Quarterly Update to the National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) Procedure-to-Procedure (PTP) Edits, Version 27.0, Effective January 1, 2021
* Change to the Payment of Allogeneic Stem Cell Acquisition Services — Revised
* New Physician Specialty Code for Micrographic Dermatologic Surgery (MDS) and Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD) and a New Supplier Specialty Code for Home Infusion Therapy Services — Revised
* October 2020 Update of the Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) Payment System — Revised
* October 2020 Update of the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) — Revised
Penalty for Delayed Request for Anticipated Payment (RAP) Submission -- Implementation — Revised
* Quarterly Update for Clinical Laboratory Fee Schedule and Laboratory Services Subject to Reasonable Charge Payment — Revised
* ICD-10 Coordination and Maintenance Committee Meeting Materials
* SNF Consolidated Billing Web-Based Training Course — Revised
Information for Medicare Patients
* Making Insulin More Affordable for Medicare Patients Beginning January 1
We value your opinion and want to provide the highest-quality and most relevant Medicare knowledge possible. Please let us know if this article was helpful.
It didn't answer my question
This article was helpful
We’re glad we could help you today and appreciate your feedback. When you rate our articles as most helpful, we know that we are on the right track for providing you with important news and information.
We're sorry this article didn't help you today. We'll use your feedback to review this article to try to revise or expand it. Contact us with more feedback or a question on this topic.
Last Updated: 10/01/2020