I am an opt-out physician and would like to order and refer services. What do I need to do?

If you are a physician who has opted out of Medicare, you may order items or services for Medicare beneficiaries by submitting an opt-out affidavit to your local Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC). Your opt-out information must be current (an affidavit must be completed every two years, and the National Provider Identifier (NPI) is required on the affidavit).

Contact Railroad Medicare

Email Railroad Medicare

Contact a specific Railroad Medicare department

Provider Contact Center: 888-355-9165

IVR: 877-288-7600

TTY: 877-715-6397

Other Palmetto GBA Sites

Palmetto GBA Home

DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program

Jurisdiction J Part A MAC

Jurisdiction J Part B MAC

Jurisdiction M Part A MAC

Jurisdiction M Part B MAC

Jurisdiction M Home Health and Hospice MAC


National Supplier Clearinghouse MAC


RRB Specialty MAC Providers

RRB Specialty MAC Beneficiaries



Click to Chat Now