Do I need to notify Railroad Medicare of a provider or practice name change?

Yes, you need to notify Railroad Medicare when a provider or practice name has changed. Please first notify your local Part B Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC). Once you have received confirmation that the provider’s record has been updated by your MAC, please allow 7-14 business days before sending notification to Railroad Medicare.

You can fax or send written notification of the change to our Provider Enrollment unit. Please send your request on your provider/practice letterhead and include the following information:

  • Provider’s name
  • Railroad Medicare PTAN
  • NPI
  • Tax Identification Number
  • Contact information
  • Explanation of what needs to be changed

You can fax the request to (803) 382-2415 or mail the request to:

Palmetto GBA Railroad Medicare
Attention: Provider Enrollment
PO Box 10066
Augusta, GA 30999

Provider Enrollment will no longer accept telephone requests to update a record or enroll a provider.

Contact Railroad Medicare

Email Railroad Medicare

Contact a specific Railroad Medicare department

Provider Contact Center: 888-355-9165

IVR: 877-288-7600

TTY: 877-715-6397

Other Palmetto GBA Sites

Palmetto GBA Home

DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program

Jurisdiction J Part A MAC

Jurisdiction J Part B MAC

Jurisdiction M Part A MAC

Jurisdiction M Part B MAC

Jurisdiction M Home Health and Hospice MAC


National Supplier Clearinghouse MAC


RRB Specialty MAC Providers

RRB Specialty MAC Beneficiaries



Click to Chat Now