If a forwarding address notification is submitted to the post office when a provider changes site location, will Medicare remittance advices and/or check payments be forwarded to the new address?

No. Medicare is required to use "Return Service Requested" envelopes for all hardcopy remittance advices and checks that are mailed to providers and suppliers. If the provider address is no longer valid, the post office will return the undeliverable mail to the Medicare contractor. To have your address updated with Railroad Medicare, you will first need to submit a CMS Form 855I to your local Part B Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC). Once you receive confirmation that the address has been updated with your MAC, please allow 7–14 business days before sending notification to Railroad Medicare.

You can fax or send written notification of the address change to our Provider Enrollment unit. Please send your request on your provider/practice letterhead and include the following information:

  • Railroad Medicare PTAN
  • NPI
  • Tax Identification Number
  • Contact information
  • Prior/old address
  • New address 
  • Copy of Part B MAC notice confirming address change has been completed  

You can fax the request to (803) 382-2415 or mail the request to: 

Palmetto GBA Railroad Medicare
Attention: Provider Enrollment
PO Box 10066
Augusta, GA 30999

Provider Enrollment will no longer accept telephone requests to update a record or enroll a provider.

Contact Railroad Medicare

Email Railroad Medicare

Contact a specific Railroad Medicare department

Provider Contact Center: 888-355-9165

IVR: 877-288-7600

TTY: 877-715-6397

Other Palmetto GBA Sites

Palmetto GBA Home

DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program

Jurisdiction J Part A MAC

Jurisdiction J Part B MAC

Jurisdiction M Part A MAC

Jurisdiction M Part B MAC

Jurisdiction M Home Health and Hospice MAC


National Supplier Clearinghouse MAC


RRB Specialty MAC Providers

RRB Specialty MAC Beneficiaries



Click to Chat Now