Can My Billing Agency or Clearinghouse Request My PTAN from Railroad Medicare?

No, third-party billers and clearinghouses cannot request a provider's Railroad Medicare PTAN. A Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN) can only be requested by the provider or a provider representative directly employed by the provider. For more information on requesting a Railroad Medicare PTAN, please see our article 'Getting Started with Railroad Medicare Billing'.

Contact Railroad Medicare

Email Railroad Medicare

Contact a specific Railroad Medicare department

Provider Contact Center: 888-355-9165

IVR: 877-288-7600

TTY: 877-715-6397

Other Palmetto GBA Sites

Palmetto GBA Home

DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program

Jurisdiction J Part A MAC

Jurisdiction J Part B MAC

Jurisdiction M Part A MAC

Jurisdiction M Part B MAC

Jurisdiction M Home Health and Hospice MAC


National Supplier Clearinghouse MAC


RRB Specialty MAC Providers

RRB Specialty MAC Beneficiaries



Click to Chat Now