Do I need to notify Railroad Medicare that a provider's address has changed? I have already notified our local Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC).

Yes, you need to notify Railroad Medicare when you have changed a provider’s address with your local Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC). Once you receive confirmation that the address has been updated with your MAC, please allow 7-14 business days before sending notification to Railroad Medicare.

You can fax or send written notification of the address change to our Provider Enrollment unit. Please send your request on your provider/practice letterhead and include the following information: 

  • Railroad Medicare PTAN
  • NPI
  • Tax Identification Number
  • Contact information
  • Prior/old address
  • New address 
  • Copy of Part B MAC notice confirming address change has been completed

You can fax the request to (803) 382-2415 or mail the request to: 

Palmetto GBA Railroad Medicare
Attention: Provider Enrollment
PO Box 10066
Augusta, GA 30999

Provider Enrollment will no longer accept telephone requests to update a record or enroll a provider.

Contact Railroad Medicare

Email Railroad Medicare

Contact a specific Railroad Medicare department

Provider Contact Center: 888-355-9165

IVR: 877-288-7600

TTY: 877-715-6397

Other Palmetto GBA Sites

Palmetto GBA Home

DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program

Jurisdiction J Part A MAC

Jurisdiction J Part B MAC

Jurisdiction M Part A MAC

Jurisdiction M Part B MAC

Jurisdiction M Home Health and Hospice MAC


National Supplier Clearinghouse MAC


RRB Specialty MAC Providers

RRB Specialty MAC Beneficiaries



Click to Chat Now