Take Our Satisfaction Survey and See the Results
Providers can give immediate feedback on their customer service experience with Palmetto GBA Railroad Medicare through our Provider Experience survey. You can provide feedback on your most recent interaction with Palmetto GBA Railroad Medicare that occurred by telephone, chat, email, mail or social media (Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn). When you take the survey, please be sure to select the "RRB Specialty MAC (Railroad Medicare)" button so we know you are talking to us.
Providers can also give immediate feedback about their experience on the Palmetto GBA Railroad Medicare website and the Palmetto GBA eServices portal using the blue FEEDBACK button that appears on the right side of each web page and portal screen. We value your comments and opinions, and we look forward to a culture of continuous improvement in the way we conduct business and serve our providers.
Palmetto GBA intends to demonstrate its commitment to our partnership by sharing with you the process improvements we implement based on your feedback. By working together, we can enhance your experience and elevate the level of service, education, information and transparency you have come to expect from Railroad Medicare/Palmetto GBA.
Here are some of the recent enhancements we have made as a result of your feedback.
- Redesigned Website — We redesigned the look and layout of our website to make the information you are looking for easier to find. Improvements included:
- More intuitive organization with Topic and Subtopic pages
- New Claims and Customer Service pages
- Updated Provider Enrollment page with more content clearly organized into the “Enroll a Provider”, “Verify Enrollment” and “Update an Enrollment Record” steps
- More ways to find contact information for the Provider Contact Center and other units
- More graphic images to highlight important and frequently accessed parts of the site
- New to Medicare Page — To help new providers get started with Railroad Medicare, we launched our New to Medicare page that is designed to walk you through the steps to becoming a successful Railroad Medicare provider
- Provider Enrollment Chat — We added a dedicated chat queue to the Railroad Medicare Provider Enrollment resource pages and the PTAN Lookup and Request Tool that allows you to chat directly with Railroad Medicare Provider Enrollment specialists
eServices Portal Enhancements
Registration and Login Enhancements
- We made it easier for new providers to register for eServices. New providers can now register for eServices without waiting until they have a claim in history. Providers who submit a new EDI enrollment agreement will receive an email with a link to the eServices registration page and an access code once the EDI agreement in processed. Providers can use the access code, instead of the most recent Medicare payment amount received, to complete their eServices registration.
- To make the process of registering a Railroad Medicare account clearer, we updated the Line of Business drop-down list to identify us as “Railroad Medicare Part B — All States.” This change clarifies registration for providers who do not see their state in the LOB drop-down list. We also updated the registration page help file to specify users should enter the Railroad Medicare PTAN and the last payment received from Railroad Medicare when registering a Railroad Medicare account.
- Multi-factor Authentication
- We added Google Authenticator as a faster option to receive a multi-factor authentication code. With Google Authenticator, you can now instantly retrieve an MFA code on your Apple or Android device instead of waiting for an MFA code to be delivered via text or email. You can add Google Authenticator to a new or existing account.
- Part B Claim Status Lookup — We made it easier to lookup your claims. Part B claim status can now be retrieved by searching by claim number or Medicare ID.
- Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) Lookup — When using the MBI Lookup Tool to obtain an MBI for a deceased beneficiary, eServices will now look back up to four years prior to the date of death
- Eligibility Lookup — We updated the eServices Entitlements Inpatient tab to display more of the information you are looking for. The Entitlements Inpatient tab now displays the start/end dates and billing National Provider Identifier (NPI) for inpatient hospital and skilled nursing facility (SNF) stays.
- eAudit Dropdown Choices — To help you more easily find your eAudit information, we enhanced the eServices eAudit tab to show only the Audit Type choices that are available for a provider’s line of business
- Overpayment Data Lookup — We updated the Financial Tools tab options to allow you to research overpayments online. Overpayment balance information is now available on the Financial Tools Overpayment Data subtab. On this subtab, you can enter either an Accounts Receivable (AR) number or an Overpayment Demand Letter number to view real-time status of your AR or Demand Letter balances to include the: Principal AR Balance, Interest AR Balance and Total AR Balance. You can also view details for each AR including the AR number(s), demand letter number and date issued, the original overpayment amount, and claim details (date of service and beneficiary name). Any recoupment, adjustments or collection activities will also display.
Submission and Forms Enhancements
- eClaims Submissions
- Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) providers can now submit paperless eClaims in eServices
- Providers may now submit online roster bills for Influenza, Pneumococcal and COVID vaccine services. Each roster bill allows submission for up to 50 patients. The roster bill worksheet is updated with the HCPCS code options for each vaccine type.
- Clerical Reopenings — The types of clerical reopenings that can be submitted via the Part B Claim Status Reopening feature have been expanded. From the Claim Status Information screen, providers can now use the Reopen function to add, remove and/or revise modifiers, correct units of service, update procedure codes, and revise or correct billed amounts.
- Redeterminations — To make it easier to find and complete a Redetermination form, we added a new “Submit an Appeal” link to the Claim Status Information and Claim Status Details screens. This link directly opens the Redetermination: First Level Appeal form with the Medicare ID, Date of Service and Claim Number (ICN) fields pre-filled from the claim data.
- Prepopulated Forms — To save you time when completing online forms, the eOffset form and Medical Review Additional Documentation Request (ADR) Response form are now prepopulated with the provider’s information.
Account Administration and Unlock Enhancements
- Find Your Admin — We made it easy to identify your eServices account administrator. A listing of your account administrators (up to three, if applicable) can be viewed on your MyAccount tab. If you are unable to log into your eServices account or need to identify the admin to request access to an account, you can use the “Find Your Admin” link on the eServices login and registration page to have the account administrator information emailed to you.
Greenmail and Inbox Messaging Enhancements
- TPE Notification Letters — To make delivery and receipt of Medical Review Targeted Probe and Educate letters quicker, we added TPE letters to the types of greenmail letters available in eServices. Providers can receive notification that their claims have been selected for TPE review through their eServices inbox.
- We extended the time frame for which greenmail letters are available to up to one year
- We added an auto archive feature to move inbox messages older than 60 days from your inbox to the archive tab automatically. This will reduce the number of rows in your inbox and make finding the message you need quicker.
Other Operational Enhancements
To improve your customer service experience when calling our contact center, we have minimized the upfront messages on the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) line.
We want to thank you for the great feedback you have given us for the past 12 months. The following list illustrates the many enhancements we made based on your previous feedback. Palmetto GBA is committed to continuous growth based on customer feedback. What you say matters! So, please, keep telling us how we can be better, and we’ll keep listening.
Previous eServices Portal Enhancements
- Access Eligibility Lookup from MBI Lookup Tool — We added a Check Eligibility button to the MBI Lookup tab in eServices in order to save you time when checking a beneficiary’s Medicare eligibility. With the MBI Lookup tab open, you will find the Check Eligibility button at the bottom of your screen.
- Remittance Lookup — We added a Remittance View link to you to allow providers to easily access their remits straight from the eServices claim status screen
- eCheck Refund Submissions — We enhanced the eCheck feature to support Excel files. In addition to PDF (.pdf) files, you can submit Excel (.xls, .xlsx) files when submitting eCheck attachments.
- MFA Code Extended — We extended the time that a Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) code can be used to up to 12 hours. This allows you to simply reuse the last valid code issued. An MFA code will expire 12 hours from the time it was requested or when a new MFA code is generated.
- Profile Verification Extended — We extended the eServices Profile Verification timeframe from 90 to 250 days, allowing more time for you to complete this process. During this time, please make sure that all eServices user ID profiles are up to date to avoid interruption or deactivation.
- Account Unlock
- We added functionality to allow provider administrators to unlock account users and additional provider administrators from the administrator screen
- We added a Fastlane Support option on the eServices login and registration page that allows users to be quickly connected with an online operator if they need to unlock their account and their provider administrator(s) is not available
- Unlock Feature Extended — We implemented new “Disable User” functionality in eServices that will disable a user that has been inactive for 30 days instead of terminating the User ID. Administrators will now be able to re-enable the user up to 120 days (up to 90 days after 30 days of inactivity). If the user ID is not re-enabled within this time, the account will be terminated. We will send notification to users through a series of periodic emails (up to the 120-day limit) to remind the user of their status and provide instructions to re-enable eServices IDs.
- Account Linkage — We made it easier to manage multiple accounts. Providers can link their previously assigned eServices User IDs under one default ID through the Account Linking subtab. Once the accounts are linked, providers can log in with the default ID and easily switch between their linked accounts.
We are looking forward to hearing from you so that we can continue our progress in meeting your needs.
Thank you in advance for our helping us to be better every day!