HCPCS Modifier JA
Administered intravenously — HCPCS Modifier JA is informational only and may be submitted with all injection codes.
Guidelines and Instructions
- This modifier is informational only and may be submitted with all injection codes
- All providers that submit claims for injections of erythropoiesis stimulating agents (ESA) for ESRD beneficiaries must include HCPCS modifier JA on the claim to indicate an intravenous administration or HCPCS modifier JB to indicate a subcutaneous administration
- CMS Pub. 100-04, Chapter 17, Section 80.11 (PDF)
- Medicare Claims Processing Manual (cms.gov) – CMS Pub. 100-04, Chapter 8, Section 60.4.2 (PDF)
- Palmetto GBA Erythropoiesis Stimulating Agents LCD and MCD Article