HCPCS Modifier QP
Documentation is on file showing that the laboratory test(s) was ordered individually or ordered as a CPT-recognized panel other than automated profile codes 80002 through 80019, G0058, G0059 and G0060.
Guidelines and Instructions
- Submit this modifier when the laboratory test was ordered as a single test or when a single code is available for a grouping of tests. This modifier indicates that the test was ordered individually or ordered as a CPT-recognized panel other than automated profile CPT codes 80002 through 80019 and HCPCS codes G0058 through G0060.
- This modifier may be submitted with the following codes:
- CPT codes 80002 through 89399
- HCPCS codes G0026 through G0027
- HCPCS code G0107
- HCPCS codes P2028 through P2031
- HCPCS codes P2033 through P2038
- HCPCS codes P3000 through P3001
- HCPCS codes P9010 through P9022
- HCPCS codes Q0111 through Q0015
Reference: CMS Pub. 100-04, Chapter 16, Section 90.5 (PDF, 570 KB).