Update an Enrollment Record
Keep Your Railroad Medicare Enrollment Record Up to Date
As a Medicare provider, you are responsible for notifying Medicare of changes to the information in your Medicare enrollment record, including provider name and address changes. Incorrect information in your enrollment file could lead to claim rejections or correspondence being delivered to an incorrect address.
Railroad Medicare does not automatically receive updates you make to your enrollment record with your Part B Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC). Please notify Railroad Medicare promptly of any enrollment changes once those changes have been made by your Part B MAC.
Types of Enrollment Changes to Report to Railroad Medicare
- Provider name changes
- Practice name changes
- Billing address changes
- Practice address changes
- Practice location added (only if the additional practice location is in a different contractor locality, or you have been assigned a new NPI for the location)
- Provider has retired
- Provider has left group
Updating an Enrollment Record
Please first notify your local Part B Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) of any changes. Once you have received confirmation that the provider’s record has been updated by your MAC, please allow 7-14 business days before sending notification to Railroad Medicare.
You can fax or send written notification of the change to our Provider Enrollment unit. Please send your request on your provider/practice letterhead and include the following information:
- Provider's name
- Railroad Medicare Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN)
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Tax Identification Number
- Contact number
- Explanation of what needs to be changed
- Billing address – Include new billing address
- Practice address – Include new practice address
- Practice name – Include new practice name
- Provider's name – Include provider’s new name
- Provider retired – Include date provider retired
- Provider left group – Include date provider left group
You can fax the request to (803) 382-2415 or mail the request to:
Palmetto GBA Railroad Medicare
Attention: Provider Enrollment
PO Box 10066
Augusta, GA 30999
Have questions? See our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Need more help? Please call our Provider Contact Center at 888-355-9165 for assistance. Choose option 3 for Provider Enrollment.