Resources Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
It’s wall-to-wall COVID-19 coverage on the TV, radio, the internet, and social media. That makes it easy to get overwhelmed and anxious about the viral disease. Everywhere you turn, someone is talking about it.
What we would like to do with this article is present you with resources that are available to you regarding COVID-19, such as:
1. Medicare’s web page about the virus – use this link. This is a good site and contains the following information:
- Precautions to take now
- Extra caution with crowds and travel
- Preparing for healthcare needs
- Medicare covers related needs
- Telehealth & related services
- Other ways Medicare is helping
2. Here is a direct link to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website, which includes the U.S. government’s response to the virus. You can access this by using this web address.
The CDC website provides extremely useful information to you, to include:
- Steps to take to protect yourself
- What to do if you think you are sick
- Community resources (for schools, travel, etc.)
These two websites combined are great resources for staying in the know.
If you have questions about Medicare's coverage of COVID-19 related services, you can call our Beneficiary Contact Center at 800-833-4455, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. ET to order a new one. For the hearing impaired, call TTY/TDD at 877-566-3572.