- Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Anesthesia and Pain Management
- Drugs and Biologicals
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Home Health and Hospice
- Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility (IDTF)
- Nonphysician Practitioners
- Oncology and Hematology
- Opioid Treatment Program (OTP)
- Optometry and Ophthalmology
- Psychology and Psychiatry
Claim Submission for HCPCS Code V2785
HCPCS code V2785 represents the processing, preserving and transporting of the corneal tissue.
- The allowance for this code is based on invoice cost, so the invoice should reflect the costs for processing, preserving and transporting the corneal tissue
- Shipping and handling charges are considered as the transporting fee as defined by the code. This charge should be included in the charge submitted for HCPCS code V2785 and should not be billed separately.
- The invoice should not include a charge for back-bench preparation. This charge is billed by the physician
Documentation That Must Be Submitted
- For electronic claims, submit an invoice via eServices or PWK
- For paper claims, please submit the actual invoice with the claim
- A copy of the invoice must also be retained in the medical records and provided upon request
- If the invoice price is unusually high, additional documentation may be required explaining the reason
These instructions are effective immediately for all dates of service.