- Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Anesthesia and Pain Management
- Drugs and Biologicals
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Home Health and Hospice
- Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility (IDTF)
- Nonphysician Practitioners
- Oncology and Hematology
- Opioid Treatment Program (OTP)
- Optometry and Ophthalmology
- Psychology and Psychiatry
Seasonal Flu Vaccine Billing
Providers need to ensure they are using the correct influenza vaccine codes when billing for the seasonal flu shot. It is not uncommon for some active billing codes to not have influenza vaccine products issued for a flu season. Also, we frequently see quadrivalent influenza vaccines (code 90686, for example) billed using trivalent vaccine codes (such as code 90656).
Please review the flu shot coding guide posted on the CMS website for more information.