Palmetto GBA is pleased to offer eServices, our free Internet-based, provider self-service portal. The eServices application provides information access over the Web for the following online services:
- Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) Lookup
- Claims Status
- Remittances Online
- Financial Information - payment floor and last three checks paid
- Financial Forms - eOffset requests, eCheck payments and CMS-838 Credit Balance form
- Secure Forms - Appeals, Medical Review ADR Response Form, Wage Index Form, Cost Report Form and General Inquiry Form
You can participate in eServices if you have a signed electronic data interchange (EDI) Enrollment Agreement on file with Palmetto GBA. If you are already submitting claims electronically, you do not have to submit a new EDI Enrollment Agreement.
If you do not have an EDI Enrollment Agreement on file, you will receive an error message in red at the top of your screen when you attempt to register. The EDI Enrollment Agreement is a form that is included in the EDI Enrollment Packet, which can be located under the EDI areas of PalmettoGBA.com/medicare. If you do not have an EDI Enrollment agreement on file with us, please go to the EDI areas of the website. Then, click on the Enrollment link listed on the page for online articles about EDI enrollment.
Registration and Login
Only one provider administrator per PTAN/NPI combination performs the registration process. The provider administrator grants permissions to additional users and administrators related to that PTAN/NPI combination. Billing services and clearinghouses should contact their provider clients to gain access to the system.
To register for a Medicare account, you will need your Medicare Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN), NPI, tax ID number and the amount of the last Medicare payment you received for the PTAN/NPI combination.
If you are having problems registering or have questions, please view our User Manual (PDF, 8.25 MB).
- Go to www.PalmettoGBA.com/eServices
- Click on the Create Your Account button
- Complete the following online form fields:
- Provider Name
- Contact Name (The person to be assigned to this user ID)
- Email Address/Reenter Email Address
- Phone Number
- I am/work for: (Choose Provider, Billing Service or Clearinghouse from the drop-down selections) ´éº
- PTAN (Enter Medicare PTAN)
- The PTAN and NPI combination entered must match the information on the provider’s Medicare EDI Enrollment Agreement
- Tax ID
- Line of Business
- Most Recent Medicare Payment Amount Received or Access Code (Enter the most recent Medicare payment for the Medicare PTAN/NPI combination you are registering or your access code from EDI if you recently completed an EDI enrollment agreement.)
- Billing service/clearinghouse name and address is only required if you are registering as a billing service or clearinghouse
- Click Submit
If the information you entered matches the information on file with Palmetto GBA, you will be assigned a User ID, and will be able to choose your security questions and answers and your password. Once this is completed, you will receive an email at the email address you registered. You will need to access the email, click on the verification link and log in to your new account.
There are help buttons and links on each screen. The links will take you to a PDF document with information about the system.
You must register separately for each PTAN/NPI combination. Each PTAN/NPI combination will have a unique user ID. For instructions on linking multiple eServices accounts, see section 12.0 Account Linking in the eServices User Manual (PDF).
Users may currently submit attachments up to 40 MB in size to eClaims and forms. While there is no limit to the number for files that can be attached to the form, the combined size of all attachments cannot exceed 150 MB in size. All attachments must be in PDF format unless otherwise noted.
Only one provider administrator per PTAN/NPI combination can initially register. If you are the first person to register a PTAN/NPI combination, you will be registered as the provider administrator and can add more users through the Admin tab. You can assign back-up administrators. Keep in mind that these administrators will have access to all information functions by default. You can also add provider users who have access to individual functions, such as eligibility or claims status.
If you suspect misuse or suspicious use of the system, please contact your Medicare Contractor immediately.
Need Help? Palmetto GBA has dedicated representatives available to provide technical assistance and answer questions about our secure online portal, eServices. Our Provider Contact Center (PCC) representatives can be reached at 855–696–0705 (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET). To connect with an eServices representative, press or say 1 or EDI. Then, press or say 2 for all other calls and finally, press or say 1 or eServices.